- MMJ Ballot Issue OK'd for Signature Collection May 24, 2013Columbus -- The Ohio Ballot Board today gave backers of a proposal seeing to legalize use of medical marijuana and growing hemp the go-ahead with a 5-0 vote to begin collecting signatures for a statewide campaign. OhioRights.org, the group backing the Ohio Cannabis Rights Act, must gather 385,253 valid signatures from registered voters in 44 of Ohio's 8 […]
- NH Senate Passes Bill Legalizing Medical Marijuana May 23, 2013Concord, N.H. -- New Hampshire soon could join 18 other states and the District of Columbia in allowing seriously ill people to use marijuana in their medical treatment. The state Senate voted 18-6 Thursday to pass a bill legalizing marijuana use and possession by patients with conditions such as Crohn's disease and cancer. The bill now goes back to the […]
- Council Panel OKs Zoning for Big Pot-Growing May 23, 2013Washington -- Indoor pot-growing operations as large as a football field would be allowed in some Seattle industrial areas under new zoning approved Wednesday by a City Council committee. The proposed rules would prohibit large indoor farms in the industrial sanctuaries closest to the Port of Seattle and maritime businesses, which represent 46 percent of Sea […]
- New L.A. Law on MMJ Shops Faces Hazy Future May 23, 2013California -- Los Angeles voters took regulation of the city's medical marijuana shops into their own hands Tuesday, embracing a ballot measure to sharply reduce the number of dispensaries in the city. But as in all things related to pot policy, the future of the new law is hazy. Under the measure, only 135 dispensaries those that were operating before […]
- Sharp Limits on L.A. MMJ Businesses Approved May 23, 2013Los Angeles -- A ballot measure to sharply limit the number of medical marijuana dispensaries in the Los Angeles was approved by voters Tuesday night. The measure won with 62% of the vote, according to the latest results. Proposition D would reduce the number of pot shops in the city from about 700 now to about 130 by allowing only those that opened before t […]
- Michigan Driver Who Uses MMJ Wins Appeal May 22, 2013Lansing, Mich. -- The Michigan Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that medical marijuana users aren't automatically breaking the law if they're caught driving after using the drug. The court unanimously overturned an appeals court decision in the case of a Grand Traverse County man, Rodney Koon. He was stopped in 2010 for speeding going nearly 30 mph over […]
- Medicinal Pot is Coming May 22, 2013Illinois -- If it goes through, we'll see a trade-off. Increases in addiction, crime and family dissolution along with assorted benefits. But enough about the proposed expansion of casino gambling in Illinois. Today I want to talk about the inevitability of legalized medical marijuana here, a development very unlikely to lead to such social problems, th […]
- One L.A. Marijuana Measure Smokes Two Others May 22, 2013Los Angeles -- A ballot measure that would reduce the number of pot shops in Los Angeles, but keep some open, took off during early voting returns Tuesday night. With 14% of precincts reporting at 11 p.m., about 64% of voters supported Proposition D, which would keep about 130 dispensaries open. It is one of three measures on Tuesday's ballot that would […]
- CA Senate Acts To Clarify Legality of Med Cannabis May 21, 2013California -- Medical marijuana dispensaries that abide by security rules in California would not be subject to local or state prosecution for illegal sales under a measure approved Monday by the state Senate. Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) proposed the measure to clarify ambiguous laws on medical marijuana, which was approved for […]
- How Much Will a Legal Marijuana Habit Cost You? May 20, 2013Colorado -- If youre an average pot smoker in Coloradopaying average prices for average-quality marijuanayou can expect to spend around $650 on weed next year. A study conducted by the Colorado Futures Center at Colorado State University aimed to get to the bottom of how much the state can expect to collect in tax revenues now that marijuana is legal. By doi […]
- MMJ Ballot Issue OK'd for Signature Collection May 24, 2013
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.