- Michigan Driver Who Uses MMJ Wins Appeal May 22, 2013Lansing, Mich. -- The Michigan Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that medical marijuana users aren't automatically breaking the law if they're caught driving after using the drug. The court unanimously overturned an appeals court decision in the case of a Grand Traverse County man, Rodney Koon. He was stopped in 2010 for speeding going nearly 30 mph over […]
- Medicinal Pot is Coming May 22, 2013Illinois -- If it goes through, we'll see a trade-off. Increases in addiction, crime and family dissolution along with assorted benefits. But enough about the proposed expansion of casino gambling in Illinois. Today I want to talk about the inevitability of legalized medical marijuana here, a development very unlikely to lead to such social problems, th […]
- One L.A. Marijuana Measure Smokes Two Others May 22, 2013Los Angeles -- A ballot measure that would reduce the number of pot shops in Los Angeles, but keep some open, took off during early voting returns Tuesday night. With 14% of precincts reporting at 11 p.m., about 64% of voters supported Proposition D, which would keep about 130 dispensaries open. It is one of three measures on Tuesday's ballot that would […]
- CA Senate Acts To Clarify Legality of Med Cannabis May 21, 2013California -- Medical marijuana dispensaries that abide by security rules in California would not be subject to local or state prosecution for illegal sales under a measure approved Monday by the state Senate. Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) proposed the measure to clarify ambiguous laws on medical marijuana, which was approved for […]
- How Much Will a Legal Marijuana Habit Cost You? May 20, 2013Colorado -- If youre an average pot smoker in Coloradopaying average prices for average-quality marijuanayou can expect to spend around $650 on weed next year. A study conducted by the Colorado Futures Center at Colorado State University aimed to get to the bottom of how much the state can expect to collect in tax revenues now that marijuana is legal. By doi […]
- Blurry Line on Pot-DUI Cases May 20, 2013USA -- As some states relax laws on pot possession, lawmakers are struggling to create rules for how police officers should identify motorists who are driving under the influence of marijuana. The problem: Identifying pot impairment isn't as clear-cut as testing for alcohol. There is no broad agreement over what blood level of THCmarijuana's psycho […]
- Americas Coalition Suggests MJ Laws Be Relaxed May 18, 2013Mexico City -- A comprehensive report on drug policy in the Americas released Friday by a consortium of nations suggests that the legalization of marijuana, but not other illicit drugs, be considered among a range of ideas to reassess how the drug war is carried out. The report, released by the Organization of American States walked a careful line in not rec […]
- Illinois Senate Approves Medical Marijuana Bill May 17, 2013Springfield -- The Senate today approved legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to patients with serious illnesses, sending the measure to Gov. Pat Quinn. The issue pitted supporters arguing for compassion for those suffering from pain they say only cannabis can ease against opponents who contend the legislation would undermine p […]
- Is Marijuana Booming Among Boomers? May 17, 2013USA -- Like many of her peers, Zoe Helene, 48, smoked marijuana in her early 20s but gave it up as her career in the digital world took off in the 1990s. Today the multidisciplinary artist and environmental activist lives in Amherst, Mass., and is building a global network of trailblazers called Cosmic Sister. Since she married an ethnobotanist in 2007, she […]
- MMJ Could Jinx Recreational Pot Market May 16, 2013Olympia, Washington -- Key officials helping to create Washington state's potentially lucrative recreational pot market say its success may hinge on preventing consumers from choosing to get high on readily available medical cannabis because of low and sometimes nonexistent taxes on it. The officials say it may be necessary to raise taxes or impose more […]
- Michigan Driver Who Uses MMJ Wins Appeal May 22, 2013
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.