- Senate Passes Bill To Regulate Medical Marijuana March 8, 2014Olympia, Wash. -- A measure to overhaul the state's medical marijuana system cleared the Senate Saturday as the state moves to merge that largely unregulated market with the still-developing legal recreational market. Senate Bill 5887 passed on a 34-15 vote and now heads to the House, which passed a similar measure last month. Both chambers will now neg […]
- Why Wait? Fully Legalize Marijuana Now March 8, 2014Minnesota -- Its time to get real about marijuana laws in the state of Minnesota. Passing a medical marijuana law will, in all likelihood, be the first step in total legalization of the drug for recreational use, just as it has proved to be in Colorado and Washington and soon will in California and other states. Why not go there now? Most Americans think mar […]
- Marijuana Taxes in Colorado -- An Early Clue March 7, 2014Colorado -- Across America, lawmakers are eyeing tax revenue from legalized marijuana. Colorado and Washington are each officially expecting over $100 million annually in marijuana excise taxes. In a few days, the Colorado Department of Revenue is due to report how much marijuana tax was paid there for January, the first full month of recreational sales anyw […]
- MMJ Providers Fear Effects of Wider Legalization March 6, 2014Seattle -- There should be, one might think, a note of triumph or at least quiet satisfaction in Muraco Kyashna-tochas voice. Her patient-based cooperative in north Seattle dispenses medical marijuana to treat seizures, sleeplessness and other maladies. And with the state gearing up to open its first stores selling legal marijuana for recreational use, the d […]
- CNN Documentary Tracks Medical Marijuana Refugees March 6, 2014Colorado -- CNN's Sanjay Gupta toured Colorado's medical marijuana outlets in a documentary last summer, "Weed," talking about the medicinal uses of the drug and apologizing for joining the chorus of medical professionals who've given the public bad advice about marijuana over the years. He touched a nerve. Now CNN and Gupta are back […]
- Marijuana Tax Revenue May Not Meet Expectations March 6, 2014USA -- Marijuana legalization was a hot topic at the recent meeting of the National Governors Association in Washington, for obvious reasons among them the prospect of raising much-needed revenue by taxing pot sales. With all the bad weather weve had back home and all the potholes, we ought to have the revenue go to infrastructure pot for potholes,‚ÄČ Rhode Is […]
- Florida Legislature Joins Southern Rush For MJ March 5, 2014Florida -- Acknowledging a major shift in societal attitudes toward marijuana, a key committee of the Florida legislature voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday to approve medical use of a "non-euphoric" marijuana extract that has shown promising results in treating seizures. "We have evidence of benefits," Republican state Representative Cary […]
- MMJ Ad Will Be First To Appear On Major Networks March 5, 2014USA -- The new commercial from MarijuanaDoctors.com might seem to make perfect sense to a medical marijuana patient who has just taken a dose of their medicine. For most others, the logic may take a moment to sink in. During the one-minute spot, which the company is touting as the first ever medical marijuana business commercial to air on major networks, a f […]
- Georgia State Lawmakers OK Medical Marijuana March 5, 2014Atlanta -- A Georgia measure that would legalize use of a liquid, non-intoxicating form of marijuana for patients with severe seizure disorders has been passed by the state House of Representatives with wide support. Lawmakers approved the legislation on Monday in a 171-4 bipartisan vote, and the bill, which would limit availability of medical marijuana to a […]
- Lawmakers Press White House, Again, on Pot Rules March 5, 2014Washington, D.C. -- A senior U.S. drug enforcement official urged Congress and others Tuesday not to abandon scientific concerns over marijuana in favor of public opinion to legalize it, even as the Obama administration takes a hands-off approach in states where voters have made legal its sale and use. The deputy administrator for the Drug Enforcement Admini […]
- Senate Passes Bill To Regulate Medical Marijuana March 8, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.