- Marijuana Legalization is The Only Option October 30, 2014Maryland -- Earlier this month, marijuana was partially decriminalized in Maryland, making possession under 10 grams (about a third of an ounce) subject to a citation, a fine and no jail time.. Despite some problems with the language of the law, taking jail time off the table and ensuring no criminal records for owners of small quantities of marijuana are po […]
- Why Four MJ Initiatives Might Face Trouble October 30, 2014Los Angeles -- In an effort to build on the legalization of marijuana for recreational use in Colorado and Washington in 2012, pot proponents have placed legalization initiatives on next Tuesdays ballot in Alaska; Oregon; Washington, D.C.; and Florida. Win or lose, they say, legalization has become a mainstream issue across the country in part because of wha […]
- Scrutiny on Sweets With Ascent of MJ in Colorado October 30, 2014Denver -- As Halloween approached, the Denver Police Department and a marijuana-store owner teamed up to film a public service video that could exist only in this weird new world of legalized pot. Marijuana, they cautioned parents of trick-or-treaters, does not always look like marijuana. More and more these days, it can mimic Sour Patch Kids, Jolly Ranchers […]
- Oregon, Alaska, D.C. Voters To Weigh Legal MJ October 29, 2014USA -- Voters in the U.S. capital and two West Coast states will decide in the Nov. 4 elections whether to legalize marijuana, pushing closer to the mainstream a notion that was once consigned to the political fringe. Ballot initiatives in Oregon and Alaska would set up a network of regulated pot stores, similar to those already operating in Colorado and Was […]
- For Marijuana, a Second Wave of Votes to Legalize October 29, 2014Keitzer, Ore. -- Two years after voters in Colorado and Washington State broke the ice as the first states to legalize sales of recreational marijuana to adults, residents of Oregon, Alaska and Washington, D.C., will vote next week on ballot measures patterned on those of the two pioneers. People on both sides of the issue say these initiatives could determi […]
- Medical Marijuana Rules Delayed October 28, 2014Maryland -- A state commission charged with launching Maryland's lagging medical marijuana program hit the pause button Tuesday, postponing a final vote on already tardy regulations to tweak licensing fees and make cannabis available to patients in liquid as well as smoke-able form.. Dr. Paul W. Davies, chairman of the 15-member panel, said officials ne […]
- Alaska MJ Legalization Would Generate Millions October 28, 2014Alaska -- If Alaska voters decide in next week's election to legalize marijuana, sales to adults will generate millions in state tax revenue. That's according to a comprehensive report released Monday by the Marijuana Policy Group, an organization of Colorado researchers and economic consultants. The first year of legal recreational marijuana sales […]
- Should The Feds Reclassify Marijuana? October 28, 2014Los Angeles -- In a case that some say could change the relationship between the states and the federal government regarding marijuana, a US district judge in Sacramento, Calif., has granted a three-day hearing starting Monday that challenges the federal ban on the substance. At issue is the classification of marijuana by the US Drug Enforcement Administrati […]
- Pot Dilemma: Where to Get The First Seeds? October 27, 2014Chicago -- As more states legalize medical marijuana, there's one stage in the process nobody wants to talk about: the part where people still have to break the law. After growers obtain licenses, plan for security and build facilities, they then must obtain their first seeds or cuttings while regulators turn a blind eye. […]
- Mark Kleiman Endorses MJ Legalization In Oregon October 27, 2014Washington -- Mark Kleiman, the Washington state pot czar and a leading drug policy expert who has criticized a state-by-state approach to marijuana legalization, came out on Thursday in favor of Oregons ballot measure to legalize the drug for recreational purposes. In a blog post, Kleiman wrote that he supported the measure, despite concerns that legalizati […]
- Marijuana Legalization is The Only Option October 30, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.