- DEA Raids 2 Los Angeles MMJ Dispensaries October 24, 2014Los Angeles -- Agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration raided two legal medical marijuana dispensaries in Los Angeles on Thursday that, according to multiple staff members, were fully compliant with state laws. The Department of Justice confirmed to The Huffington Post after the raid that it was executing a search warrant on The Farmacy dispensary in […]
- Marijuana Industry Could Be Worth $35 Billion October 24, 2014USA -- If all 50 states legalized marijuana and the federal government ended prohibition of the plant, the marijuana industry in the United States would be worth $35 billion just six years from now. That's according to a new report from GreenWave Advisors, a research and advisory firm that serves the emerging marijuana industry in the U.S., which found […]
- Seattle Sends Warning Letters To Pot Shops October 24, 2014Seattle -- The city of Seattle is warning more than 300 medical marijuana businesses that their days could be numbered. Officials have sent letters to medical marijuana growers, processors and dispensaries reminding them they need to either shut down or be licensed by the state by next summer. The problem is that the Legislature hasnt yet created a licensing […]
- MJ Legalization Pitch for People Who Don't Smoke October 23, 2014Portland -- The Yes on 91 office here, a rented suite on the second floor of a drab professional building by the convention center, is full of moms. They're staging a press conference in favor of Oregon's ballot measure to legalize marijuana a dueling production to the moms across town who are holding their own event railing against it. To clarify, […]
- Appeals Court: Medical Marijuana No Bar to DUI October 22, 2014Phoenix -- A medical marijuana card is not a get-out-of-jail-free card for motorists found with active components of the drug in their system, no matter how little, the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday. The judges rejected arguments by the attorney for Travis Darrah that the positive drug test, by itself, cannot be used to convict him of driving under th […]
- A Surprise and a Reversal on Edible Marijuana October 22, 2014Colorado legalized the growing, selling, smoking and eating of recreational marijuana more than 10 months ago, but it still hasnt resolved some major questions about how this new market is supposed to work. The Associated Press reported on Monday that the state Health Department was proposing to ban nearly all forms of edible marijuana, to make it easier to […]
- Fix Pot Law Conflicts So Industry Can Grow October 21, 2014Illinois -- Heres whats clear: A marijuana gold rush is coming to Illinois. Heres whats not so clear: How will fundamental conflicts between state and federal laws governing marijuana be resolved? Because until those conflicts are worked out, too much of this lucrative industry will be a cash business, ripe for fraud and organized crime, and nobody consumers […]
- Colorado Health Officials Want To Ban Edibles October 20, 2014Colorado -- Health officials in Colorado are calling for what is nearly a full ban on retail marijuana edibles in the state, just 10 months after the first recreational sales of marijuana began. The Associated Press' Kristen Wyatt first reported Monday on the Colorado Department of Health and Environment's request for a ban on the majority of marij […]
- After California Decriminalized Marijuana October 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- A new report from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice adds to the growing body of evidence that legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana does not lead to any number of doomsday scenarios envisioned by legalization opponents. Looking specifically at California, where full marijuana decriminalization went into effect on Jan. 1, 2011, […]
- MJ Legalization is Making The World a Better Place October 17, 2014Washington, D.C. -- No pressure, Colorado and Washington, but the world is scrutinizing your every move. That was the take-home message of an event today at the Brookings Institution, discussing the international impact of the move toward marijuana legalization at the state-level in the U.S. Laws passed in Colorado and Washington, with other states presumabl […]
- DEA Raids 2 Los Angeles MMJ Dispensaries October 24, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.