- Medical Marijuana Referendum Supporters Mobilize April 18, 2014Florida -- One of the hottest political campaigns of 2014 will kick into high gear this weekend as proponents of legalizing medical marijuana mobilize for a day of political organizing. From locations in Fort Lauderdale, West Delray and 11 other communities, they'll be conducting phone banks, hoping to start converting casual supporters into committed v […]
- Medical Marijuana Entrepreneurs Decry Fees April 17, 2014Illinois -- Vegetables, flowers and herbs grow in rows of green at Robert Boyce's greenhouses in Lake Zurich but what he'd really like to grow is marijuana. Boyce, a horticulturist and landscape design architect, has run Natural Environments Greenhouses and Nursery and a florist shop for many years. He's done work for the Chicago Botanic Garde […]
- Eric Holder Cautiously Optimistic About Marijuana April 16, 2014Charleston, S.C. -- Attorney General Eric Holder is "cautiously optimistic" about how things are going in Washington state and Colorado following the legalization and state regulation of marijuana. But the nation's top law enforcement official, who spoke to The Huffington Post in an interview on Friday, also said it was tough to predict where […]
- Study Finds Signs of Brain Changes in Pot Smokers April 16, 2014New York -- A small study of casual marijuana smokers has turned up evidence of changes in the brain, a possible sign of trouble ahead, researchers say. The young adults who volunteered for the study were not dependent on pot, nor did they show any marijuana-related problems. "What we think we are seeing here is a very early indication of what becomes a […]
- From Demon Weed To Gods Plant April 16, 2014Colorado -- Jesse Stanley sees marijuana as Gods plant. He is one of five brothersall alums of an evangelical high schoolwho grow medical marijuana from their two dispensaries in Colorado Springs, Colo. As he put it to the website FaithStreet: God is moving in the hearts of men and women and children around the world about this plant in ways that I never wou […]
- Denver's 4/20 Rally Grows Up April 15, 2014Colorado -- Sales of recreational marijuana may be legal, but organizers of next weekend's 4/20 festival in Denver billed as the largest in the world have a fine line to walk. They nearly got the two-day event canceled after the organizers' attorney asked the city to endorse public pot-smoking by attendees. […]
- Denver: Pot-Loving 420 Rally This Weekend April 15, 2014Colorado -- If you're celebrating Easter this weekend in Denver, you might also ingest a bit of the city's pot-celebrating 420 Rally that has been expanded to a two-day event this year. The 420 Rally, once an underground event but now very much above ground, embraces Colorado's Amendment 64, which legalized recreational marijuana use when it w […]
- Oregon Cities Impose MMJ Dispensary Moratoriums April 15, 2014Portland -- At least 71 Oregon cities have moratoriums on medical marijuana dispensaries, and more than 40 others are considering bans, according to the League of Oregon Cities and the Association of Oregon Counties. The Legislature allowed local governments to impose a one-year ban, if enacted by May 1. The law also gives local governments the ability to re […]
- What Perfect Marijuana High Would Feel Like April 15, 2014World -- Marijuana users really enjoy strong weed, but would prefer that it came without paranoia, memory loss and impaired ability to function. That's according to a new report from the Global Drug Survey in partnership with The Huffington Post, which anonymously surveyed more than 38,000 users around the globe. All marijuana is not created equal. Effe […]
- A Step Toward Sanity on Marijuana April 14, 2014Maryland -- In 2010, Baltimore City police made 64,525 arrests, and more than 7,000 of them 11 percent of the total were for simple possession of marijuana. That represents thousands of man-hours by Baltimore City police, Central Booking officials, prosecutors, public defenders, judges and others, all of whom had better things to do. That year Baltimore reco […]
- Medical Marijuana Referendum Supporters Mobilize April 18, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.