- Marijuana Is The Fastest-Growing Industry January 26, 2015USA -- Legal marijuana is the fastest-growing industry in the United States and if the trend toward legalization spreads to all 50 states, marijuana could become larger than the organic food industry, according to a new report obtained by The Huffington Post. Researchers from The ArcView Group, a cannabis industry investment and research firm based in Oaklan […]
- Obama on Marijuana Legalization January 23, 2015Washington, D.C. -- President Obama on Thursday said he expects more states to experiment with marijuana legalization. In a 5 p.m. interview conducted by a handful of YouTube stars, Obama discussed the fragmented policy surrounding the plant, which is legal in Colorado and Washington and regulated differently state by state. What youre seeing now is Colorado […]
- Obama Predicts Bright Future For Legal Weed January 23, 2015Washington, D.C. -- President Barack Obama said during a YouTube interview Thursday that he believes more states will consider legalizing recreational marijuana, citing his administration's hands-off approach to prohibition-ending cannabis laws in Colorado and Washington state. What youre seeing now is Colorado, Washington, through state referenda, they […]
- Is Marijuana Really as Dangerous as Heroin and LSD January 23, 2015California -- A federal judge has done what Congress and the Obama administration have failed to do open a discussion on whether marijuana should continue to be listed as a Schedule 1 drug, a classification that is supposed to be used only for the most dangerous, addictive drugs, such as heroin and LSD. As part of a criminal trial involving alleged marijuana […]
- For-Profit Marijuana Ballot Initiative Details January 20, 2015Ohio -- Ohioans may be asked this fall to legalize -- and tax -- personal use of marijuana for those 21 and older, and to make medical marijuana available to people with qualifying illnesses. ResponsibleOhio leaders said today they will mount a well-funded campaign to gather signatures to place the issue on the November ballot as an Ohio constitutional amend […]
- Things To Know About Medical Marijuana in Colorado January 19, 2015Denver -- Colorado lawmakers are taking another look at the state's medical marijuana market this week. That's because the state's medical marijuana regulations were passed in 2010 with a five-year sunset provision, so they expire this year if legislators don't renew them. Everything is on the table, and a Senate committee takes a first l […]
- D.C. Council Sets Up Hearings on MJ Regulations January 19, 2015Washington, D.C. -- The D.C. Council is pursuing a regulatory scheme for the sale and taxation of marijuana, scheduling hearings on proposed legislation that flies in the face of congressional attempts to prevent the District from loosening its drug laws. City officials say council committees expect to begin hearings on the bill in early February a move that […]
- Man Who Faces Years In Prison Has Cancer January 17, 2015Washington State -- A Washington state man who is facing at least 10 years in prison if convicted in a high-profile federal case over growing medical marijuana for personal use has been diagnosed with cancer. Larry Harvey, 71, has stage 4 cancer of the pancreas that has begun to spread to his liver, Harvey's wife, Rhonda Firestack-Harvey, told The Huffi […]
- Colorado Sets Standard for Marijuana Regulation January 16, 2015Denver -- As Oregon and Alaska gear up to implement the will of their voters to legalize recreational cannabis use, they would be well served to look to Colorado for guidance. After years of hearings and task force meetings, Colorado has created a sound template for regulating the retail cannabis industry. It simultaneously balances the need to ensure public […]
- Pot Sellers Lobby Against MMJ in Washington State January 15, 2015Washington states first recreational marijuana stores opened last July, the culmination of a broad-based and long effort to legalize the drug. In 1998 voters passed a ballot initiative offering pot smokers legal protection against prosecution if they had a doctors note saying they needed the drug for medical reasons. A legal loophole let marijuana dispensari […]
- Marijuana Is The Fastest-Growing Industry January 26, 2015
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.