- Woman's Christian Temperance Union Targeting Pot December 8, 2013Portland -- The mansion that serves as Maine headquarters of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union lay largely fallow until recently, with drug needles, liquor bottles and pornographic magazines littering the grounds. Now, in the state where Prohibition had its roots and in a city that just legalized recreational marijuana, the WCTU is overhauling the […]
- Families See Colorado as New Frontier on Marijuana December 6, 2013Fountain, Colo. -- As their children cooed from wheelchairs and rocked softly in their arms, the marijuana migrants of Colorado clasped hands, bowed their heads and said a prayer of cautious thanks. They thanked God for the dinner of roast turkey and mashed potatoes, for their children and for the marijuana-based serum that has drawn 100 families to Colorado […]
- Mark Kleiman, Pot's Go-To Guy December 5, 2013USA -- Come New Year's Day, in Washington state and Colorado, marijuana will be legit, courtesy of two ballot initiatives. How do you create a legal business out of an illegal one? After 13 years of Prohibition, the country at least had an earlier legal liquor market to refer to. That's where Mark Kleiman comes in, the go-to expert on these matters […]
- High Court Hears Medical-Marijuana Case December 4, 2013Florida -- Tallahassees political establishment has repeatedly blocked legislative votes on medical marijuana and will ask the Florida Supreme Court Thursday to follow suit and keep the issue away from state voters in 2014. Led by Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, opponents have raised a host of objections to the proposed state constitutional amendment, wh […]
- Pot Shots Fired: Recreational vs. Medicinal December 4, 2013Washington State -- As Washington begins to accept applications for the states first regulated recreational pot shops, cries of protest about its plans for medical marijuana are coming from unexpected quarters: the left. A year after voters put their state on track to become one of the only places in the world where marijuana can be legally owned and sold fo […]
- Courts, US Public at Odds Over Worker Firings December 3, 2013Colorado -- A worker in Colorado who undergoes a random drug test is found to test positive for marijuana use, but in less than a month pot-smoking will legal in there. Can a company with a zero-tolerance policy for illegal drug use still fire that worker, or should it instead adjust its policy on employee drug use? That's just one of many questions tha […]
- Chris Christie Says No To Expanding MMJ Bill December 2, 2013Trenton -- The latest bill to expand the medical marijuana program is only days old, but Gov. Chris Christie said he already knows he won't sign it. The bill would allow registered medical marijuana patients in New Jersey to buy the drug in another state where it's legal and bring it home. Six of the 19 states and Washington D.C. that have medical […]
- Pharmacists Prepare For Medical Marijuana December 2, 2013Connecticut -- East Lyme pharmacist Laurie Zrenda sees the state's medical marijuana program as a possible way to take her career in a promising direction. "I've been a retail pharmacist for 26 years and it gets a little old after a while," she said. "The chain stores have taken over." With little opportunity to work for an inde […]
- Marijuana's Risk To Drivers Debated November 30, 2013Washington -- As California advocates ponder a renewed push to legalize marijuana for adults, law enforcement officials and traffic safety experts are warning of a side effect of states allowing the drug for medical or recreational use: the danger caused by people driving while high. Research is incomplete on how much marijuana it takes to impair driving. Bu […]
- Mass. Activists Push To Fully Legalize Marijuana November 28, 2013Boston -- Pro-marijuana activists in Massachusetts have already succeeded in paving the way for dozens of medical marijuana dispensaries and decriminalizing possession of small amounts of the drug. Now many of those same activists have set their sights on the full legalization of marijuana for adults, effectively putting the drug on a par with alcohol and ci […]
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union Targeting Pot December 8, 2013
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.