- Pay-To-Play Allegations Hold Lessons for Advocates November 20, 2014Massachusetts -- There's an important lesson for states and marijuana legalization advocates in the pay-to-play allegations now rippling through the Massachusetts beer industry. After Prohibition, the Commonwealth and other states legalized alcohol in the wrong way, setting up a complicated distribution system that places sharp limits on where and from […]
- All The Progress Made On Marijuana Could Vanish November 20, 2014USA -- The movement to end marijuana prohibition has made significant progress recently, but it could all be undone when the next president takes office in 2017. Harvard economist Jeff Miron, a vocal supporter of marijuana policy reform, highlighted the precarious nature of state marijuana laws in a Wednesday op-ed for CNN on why Congress needs to act now on […]
- Marijuana Shrinks Aggressive Form Of Brain Cancer November 19, 2014World -- Over the past few years, research has revealed that marijuana can both destroy certain cancer cells and reduce the growth of others. Now, a new study in mice has found that when combined with radiation treatment, cannabis can effectively shrink one of the most aggressive types of brain tumors. In a paper published Friday in the journal Molecular Can […]
- Official Bob Marley Marijuana Is Coming November 19, 2014USA -- Bob Marley, the late reggae superstar whose name is virtually synonymous with pot, will soon have his own marijuana label. Marleys family has joined with Privateer Holdings, a private equity firm focused on marijuana products, to develop Marley Natural brand weed. Marley Natural will offer heirloom Jamaican cannabis strains, the very same pot Marley h […]
- GOP Congress Shows Little Interest in Blocking Pot November 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- Looming over the Districts historic decision this month to legalize marijuana has been another mandate that voters delivered on Election Day: A Republican majority on Capitol Hill with the power to interfere with the measure when it goes to Congress for review. But congressional Republicans appear to have other things on their minds. To b […]
- MJ Doesnt Have to Lead to Commercialization November 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The voters of Washington, D.C. have overwhelmingly approved the legalization of cannabis under a system known as grow and give every resident will be allowed to grow cannabis at home and to give it away, but not to sell it. Theres a strong case for ending cannabis prohibition one way or another, and grow and give avoids a lot of the probl […]
- Premarket Approval for Edible Marijuana November 17, 2014Denver -- Worried that edible marijuana sweets are too attractive to children, Colorado health authorities plan to ask on Monday for a new panel to decide which marijuana foods and drinks look too much like regular snacks. A Health Department recommendation, obtained by The Associated Press in advance of a final meeting Monday on edible marijuana regulations […]
- More Veterans Press VA To Recognize Marijuana November 16, 2014USA -- Every morning, former Air Force senior airman Amy Rising makes breakfast for her second-grader, drives him to school and returns home to prepare what she calls her medicine. She suffers from severe anxiety after four years working in the frenetic global command center at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, coordinating bombings and other missions in Ira […]
- Shift on Marijuana Policy Was a Long Time Coming November 15, 2014New York City -- Anthony Welfare closely followed this weeks news that New York City no longer will bring criminal charges against people who are seen with small amounts of marijuana, as long as they are not smoking it in public. I find that funny, Mr. Welfare, 28, said. But not hah-hah funny. Not LOL funny. After seven years of steady work, Mr. Welfare auto […]
- Big Changes Coming in Colorado's Marijuana Market November 14, 2014Colorado -- Look around you. These are the good old days of marijuana in Colorado. Things are about to change. Prices for pot assuredly will fall, more pot will flood the market, and legislative changes are in the offing for how physicians can prescribe pot for severe pain. Voters could eventually be asked to add a special tax onto medical marijuana, and the […]
- Pay-To-Play Allegations Hold Lessons for Advocates November 20, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.