- CO Case Shows MJ Users May Still Be Punished September 30, 2014Boulder, Colo. -- Marijuana may be legal under Colorado law, but that doesn't necessarily mean Coloradans can't suffer consequences for using it. On Tuesday, the Colorado Supreme Court heard arguments in a case getting widespread attention that tests what employment protections marijuana users have. The court will rule on whether someone legally ba […]
- MJ Legalization Votes That Will Matter in 2014 September 29, 2014USA -- Election Day this year will be big on pot. The battle over legalizing recreational marijuana in Californiathe big enchilada that may tilt legalization not only in the U.S. but other countriesis already being set for 2016. But while many reformers eyes are focused on the next presidential election, this years votes on marijuana initiatives have the pow […]
- Marijuana Industry Makes Political Donations September 29, 2014USA -- The entrepreneurs of the young U.S. marijuana industry are taking another step into the mainstream, becoming political donors who use some of their profits to support cannabis-friendly candidates and ballot questions that could bring legal pot to more states. The political activity includes swanky fundraisers at Four Seasons hotels and art auctions at […]
- Marijuana Amendment on The Bubble of Approval September 28, 2014Tallahassee -- Florida's pending constitutional amendment that could allow the sale, purchase and use of medical marijuana is on the bubble of the voter support needed in November for it to be approved. The 75-word Amendment 2 question asks voters decide if individuals with debilitating diseases may get medical marijuana from a licensed Florida physicia […]
- Florida Marijuana Campaign Heats Up September 26, 2014Tallahassee, Fla. -- Opponents of a proposal to let doctors in Florida prescribe marijuana are poised to launch a $1.6 million advertising campaign on Monday, with potential side effects for the state's heated race for governor in November. Political consultants say a public battle over the proposed constitutional amendment to allow medical marijuana, i […]
- Eric Holder Signals Support For Marijuana Reform September 26, 2014USA -- Just as Attorney General Eric Holder prepares to step down from his post, he appears more open than ever to the argument for rescheduling marijuana as a less dangerous, more beneficial drug. "I think it's certainly a question we need to ask ourselves, whether or not marijuana is as serious of a drug as heroin," Holder said in an intervi […]
- Advocates Bring Legalization Battle To CA Ballot September 25, 2014Los Angeles -- On Wednesday, the nations largest marijuana advocacy group, the Marijuana Policy Project, filed paperwork with the state of California to put a legalization initiative on the 2016 ballot. This follows a similar move in Arizona this week, adding to the growing number of states being targeted for a 2016 vote on recreational marijuana use. Suppor […]
- Emanuel, Lewis Clash on Legalizing Marijuana September 25, 2014Illinois -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday knocked down potential challenger Karen Lewis' idea to legalize and tax marijuana, saying he doesn't think you should balance the budget by promoting recreational smoking of pot.. The mayor's comments came a day after he proposed a statewide easing of penalties for possessing small amounts of illegal […]
- Emanuel Pushes To Reduce Possession Penalties September 23, 2014Illinois -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel today called on the General Assembly to decriminalize marijuana possession statewide and to reduce the penalty to a misdemeanor for those caught with 1 gram or less of any controlled substance. During 90 minutes of testimony before the House-Senate Joint Criminal Reform Committee in Chicago, Emanuel encouraged lawmakers to chal […]
- Marijuana Tax Revenue May Top $3 Billion A Year September 23, 2014USA -- Money may not grow on trees, but it apparently does grow on marijuana plants. If all 50 states legalized cannabis today, they'd be collectively raking in more than $3 billion a year in taxes. That's according to NerdWallet, a personal finance site, which forecasts a total $3.1 billion annual windfall for state governments that legalize the p […]
- CO Case Shows MJ Users May Still Be Punished September 30, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.