- Lawmaker: Marijuana Needs Debate in New Mexico November 26, 2014Albuquerque, N.M. -- The conversation about whether New Mexico should join other Western states in legalizing marijuana is cranking up as state lawmakers prepare for the 2015 legislative session. Rep. Bill McCamley, a Democrat from southern New Mexico, took his case for legalization to fellow lawmakers Tuesday during a meeting of the interim health and human […]
- Bills Would Legalize Marijuana in Georgia November 25, 2014Georgia -- A Georgia state senator has introduced two pieces of legislation Monday that would legalize both medical and recreational marijuana in the state. SB 6 would allow those at least 21-years-old to purchase a limited amount of marijuana and taxes and fees from the sale would be split equally between education and transportation infrastructure. SB 7 wo […]
- Mayor Releases Plan for Marijuana in Seattle November 24, 2014Seattle -- Mayor Ed Murrays office outlined its plan for the medical-marijuana industry this afternoon. The plan calls for licensing of recreational and medical-marijuana businesses and creates regulations for medical-marijuana providers. The mayors plan would establish a regulatory system for medical similar to that of the states recreational system in that […]
- Marijuana Advocates Hope Maine Goes Legal Next November 23, 2014South Portland, Maine -- Marijuana advocates want to finally take their legalization drive thus far the province of western states to the Northeast, and they say the first state to do it here might be Maine. The Pine Tree State has a long history with cannabis Maine voters approved medical marijuana legalization 15 years ago, becoming the first state to do s […]
- Pay-To-Play Allegations Hold Lessons for Advocates November 20, 2014Massachusetts -- There's an important lesson for states and marijuana legalization advocates in the pay-to-play allegations now rippling through the Massachusetts beer industry. After Prohibition, the Commonwealth and other states legalized alcohol in the wrong way, setting up a complicated distribution system that places sharp limits on where and from […]
- All The Progress Made On Marijuana Could Vanish November 20, 2014USA -- The movement to end marijuana prohibition has made significant progress recently, but it could all be undone when the next president takes office in 2017. Harvard economist Jeff Miron, a vocal supporter of marijuana policy reform, highlighted the precarious nature of state marijuana laws in a Wednesday op-ed for CNN on why Congress needs to act now on […]
- Marijuana Shrinks Aggressive Form Of Brain Cancer November 19, 2014World -- Over the past few years, research has revealed that marijuana can both destroy certain cancer cells and reduce the growth of others. Now, a new study in mice has found that when combined with radiation treatment, cannabis can effectively shrink one of the most aggressive types of brain tumors. In a paper published Friday in the journal Molecular Can […]
- Official Bob Marley Marijuana Is Coming November 19, 2014USA -- Bob Marley, the late reggae superstar whose name is virtually synonymous with pot, will soon have his own marijuana label. Marleys family has joined with Privateer Holdings, a private equity firm focused on marijuana products, to develop Marley Natural brand weed. Marley Natural will offer heirloom Jamaican cannabis strains, the very same pot Marley h […]
- GOP Congress Shows Little Interest in Blocking Pot November 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- Looming over the Districts historic decision this month to legalize marijuana has been another mandate that voters delivered on Election Day: A Republican majority on Capitol Hill with the power to interfere with the measure when it goes to Congress for review. But congressional Republicans appear to have other things on their minds. To b […]
- MJ Doesnt Have to Lead to Commercialization November 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The voters of Washington, D.C. have overwhelmingly approved the legalization of cannabis under a system known as grow and give every resident will be allowed to grow cannabis at home and to give it away, but not to sell it. Theres a strong case for ending cannabis prohibition one way or another, and grow and give avoids a lot of the probl […]
- Lawmaker: Marijuana Needs Debate in New Mexico November 26, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.