- Poll: D.C. Voters Poised To Legalize Pot September 19, 2014Washington, D.C. -- Voters in the District of Columbia are poised to follow Colorado and Washington state into a closely watched experiment to legalize marijuana, according to a new NBC4/Washington Post/Marist poll. By an almost 2-to-1 margin, likely voters in the citys Nov. 4 election say they support Initiative 71, a ballot measure that would legalize poss […]
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Growing Impatience September 19, 2014Massachusetts -- Matt Allen, the man behind the states medical marijuana law, is all done holding his tongue. Almost two years after voters passed that ballot question, Allen notes, this state isnt even close to having, in his felicitously turned phrase, seeds in the ground. The law envisioned up to 35 nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries, with at least […]
- A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana September 18, 2014USA -- It may be an off-year election, but it's a big one for drug policy reform. In seven weeks, voters across the country will have a chance to accelerate the unprecedented momentum to legalize marijuana and end the wider drug war. In fact, there are more drug policy reform questions on the ballot this November than ever in American history. Voter ini […]
- Difference Between Smoking and Eating Marijuana September 17, 2014Washington, D.C. -- Theres a difference between downing a beer and a round of tequila shots. And the Marijuana Policy Project wants you to know theres also a difference between smoking a joint and eating a cannabis chocolate bar.. The Washington, D.C.-based advocacy group launched an ad campaign Wednesday aimed at educating people how to consume marijuana re […]
- Rauner Says He Wouldn't Have Signed MMJ Bill September 16, 2014Illinois -- Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner on Tuesday said he wouldn't have signed a medical marijuana pilot project now underway in Illinois. When specifically asked if he wouldn't have signed the medical marijuana law, Rauner said: "That's correct. And Pat Quinn shouldn't have supported this law, because it created […]
- Snowbirds Potential Partakers of Medical Marijuana September 16, 2014Florida -- Sunshine and beaches are great attractions, but there could be another reason snowbirds flock to Florida if Amendment 2 passes: The availability of medical marijuana. Whether that happens depends on several unknowns as Florida heads into the last seven weeks before people vote on the question of legalizing medical pot. State and local tourism offi […]
- New York Could Legalize Marijuana In 2015 September 16, 2014New York -- The state of New York could legalize marijuana for recreational use as early as 2015. State Sen. Liz Krueger (D) will reintroduce the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act during the next legislative session, which begins in January, her office confirmed to The Huffington Post on Monday. "We're definitely introducing the bill next sessi […]
- Campaign To Legalize Marijuana in D.C. September 15, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The campaign to legalize marijuana in the nations capital has settled on its slogans for D.C. voters. The two lines were not tested with focus groups or polled for impact, but campaign chairman Adam Eidinger said he is confident that organizers have nailed it. The simple message that voters will continue to see on bright-red posters for I […]
- Police Chief: Legalize Marijuana September 14, 2014Wisconsin -- Madison Police Chief Mike Koval endorsed the legalization of marijuana last week, saying the drug should be regulated and taxed, with revenues used to fund treatment programs for harder drugs. The comments came during an interview with the State Journal Wednesday about data showing African-Americans in Madison were arrested or cited for marijuan […]
- Marijuana Legalization Takes Center Stage in Salem September 13, 2014Oregon -- The supporters and opponents of legalizing recreational marijuana in Oregon exchanged barbs but changed few minds Friday during a Salem City Club debate. The hour long event featured U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Portland, who supports legalization, and Clatsop County District Attorney Josh Marquis, who opposes it. "Prohibition doesn't wor […]
- Poll: D.C. Voters Poised To Legalize Pot September 19, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.