- Of Pot and Percocet August 30, 2014USA -- Prescription opioid painkillers like Percocet, Vicodin and OxyContin have come under intense scrutiny in recent years because of the drastic rise in overdose deaths associated with their prolonged use. Meanwhile, access to medical marijuana has been expanding 23 states and the District of Columbia have legalized its broad medical use and chronic or se […]
- CO MMJ Research Grants Face Federal Uncertainty August 30, 2014Colorado will begin handing out money for a groundbreaking medical-marijuana research grant program early next year. But the first meeting of a group that will review applications for the grants shows there's doubt over who will be able to accept the funding. Next week, Colorado's health department will release the program's official request f […]
- Santa Fe City Council Votes to Decriminalize MJ August 28, 2014New Mexico -- Santa Fe on Wednesday became the latest U.S. city to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana, with lawmakers in the New Mexico capital voting to change local statutes rather than put the issue to a public ballot in November. The Santa Fe City Council voted five to four in favor of revising a law classifying possession of less than one ounce (2 […]
- U.S. Government To Grow 30 Times More Marijuana August 28, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The U.S. government has upped the quantity of marijuana its growing this year, to more than 1,400 pounds from the originally planned 46. The federal government classifies marijuana as a substance that has no medical use and is more dangerous than cocaine. But its willing to let researchers have access under a few conditions. One condition […]
- Marijuana Lowers the Risk of Domestic Violence August 27, 2014USA -- The use of alcohol significantly increases ones likelihood of becoming either a perpetrator or a victim of a violent act, including acts of intimate partner violence. As for cannabis use -- thats a different story. In fact, according to a just-published study in the journal Psychology and Addictive Behaviors, couples who use pot are particularly unlik […]
- In States With MMJ, Painkiller Deaths Drop by 25% August 26, 2014USA -- America has a major problem with prescription pain medications like Vicodin and OxyContin. Overdose deaths from these pharmaceutical opioids have approximately tripled since 1991, and every day 46 people die of such overdoses in the United States. However, in the 13 states that passed laws allowing for the use of medical marijuana between 1999 and 201 […]
- Is MMJ The Answer To USA Painkiller Epidemic August 25, 2014USA -- A new study suggests that medical marijuana could provide some relief from the national epidemic of prescription painkiller overdoses, which kills more Americans each year than car crashes do. States with medical marijuana laws on the books saw 24.8 percent fewer deaths from painkiller overdoses compared to states that didn't have such laws, acco […]
- Cannabis Club Hopes To Provide Access to MMJ August 25, 2014Alaska -- The Alaska government is failing medical marijuana cardholders and forcing us to feed the black market. Not anymore, proclaims the Alaska Cannabis Club's website. Founded this spring, the Alaska Cannabis Club has one main goal: Provide medical marijuana patients with a safe, legal means of procuring the marijuana they are entitled to possess u […]
- Bid To Expand MMJ Business Faces Federal Hurdles August 24, 2014Wray, Colo. Behind a tall curtain of corn that hides their real cash crop from prying eyes, the Stanley family is undertaking an audacious effort to expand their medical marijuana business to a national market. For years, the five Stanley brothers, who sell a nonintoxicating strain of cannabis that has gained national attention as a treatment for epilepsy, h […]
- Sponsors Cancel Drug Summit in Madras August 22, 2014Oregon -- A nonprofit group has canceled an October anti-drug summit in Madras -- which was to feature a prominent opponent of marijuana legalization -- after complaints were raised by sponsors of the ballot measure that would permit recreational use of the drug. The sponsors of the legalization initiative, Measure 91, charged this week that it was wrong for […]
- Of Pot and Percocet August 30, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.