- Appeals Court: Medical Marijuana No Bar to DUI October 22, 2014Phoenix -- A medical marijuana card is not a get-out-of-jail-free card for motorists found with active components of the drug in their system, no matter how little, the state Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday. The judges rejected arguments by the attorney for Travis Darrah that the positive drug test, by itself, cannot be used to convict him of driving under th […]
- A Surprise and a Reversal on Edible Marijuana October 22, 2014Colorado legalized the growing, selling, smoking and eating of recreational marijuana more than 10 months ago, but it still hasnt resolved some major questions about how this new market is supposed to work. The Associated Press reported on Monday that the state Health Department was proposing to ban nearly all forms of edible marijuana, to make it easier to […]
- Fix Pot Law Conflicts So Industry Can Grow October 21, 2014Illinois -- Heres whats clear: A marijuana gold rush is coming to Illinois. Heres whats not so clear: How will fundamental conflicts between state and federal laws governing marijuana be resolved? Because until those conflicts are worked out, too much of this lucrative industry will be a cash business, ripe for fraud and organized crime, and nobody consumers […]
- Colorado Health Officials Want To Ban Edibles October 20, 2014Colorado -- Health officials in Colorado are calling for what is nearly a full ban on retail marijuana edibles in the state, just 10 months after the first recreational sales of marijuana began. The Associated Press' Kristen Wyatt first reported Monday on the Colorado Department of Health and Environment's request for a ban on the majority of marij […]
- After California Decriminalized Marijuana October 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- A new report from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice adds to the growing body of evidence that legalizing or decriminalizing marijuana does not lead to any number of doomsday scenarios envisioned by legalization opponents. Looking specifically at California, where full marijuana decriminalization went into effect on Jan. 1, 2011, […]
- MJ Legalization is Making The World a Better Place October 17, 2014Washington, D.C. -- No pressure, Colorado and Washington, but the world is scrutinizing your every move. That was the take-home message of an event today at the Brookings Institution, discussing the international impact of the move toward marijuana legalization at the state-level in the U.S. Laws passed in Colorado and Washington, with other states presumabl […]
- New Civil Rights Chief More Evolved On Marijuana October 16, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The newly named acting head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division has called for the legalization and regulation of marijuana, putting her ahead of Attorney General Eric Holder on that issue. Vanita Gupta, the senior American Civil Liberties Union attorney who will take over the Civil Rights Division next week, wrote a CN […]
- Nominee for DOJ Slot Said States Should Legalize October 15, 2014Washington, D.C. -- The Post's Sari Horwitz reports that Obama intends to nominate Vanita Gupta, currently director of the ACLU's Center for Justice, to lead the civil rights division of the Justice Department. Gupta also currently leads the ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration. Horwitz writes: Gupta, 39, who was born in the Phil […]
- Colorado Marijuana Revenues Hit a New High October 15, 2014Washington, D.C. -- New figures from the Colorado Department of Revenue show that recreational marijuana sales continued to climb in August, the most recent month for which data are available. Recreational sales totaled approximately $34.1 million in August, up from $29.3 million the previous month. Medical marijuana also jumped sharply in August, after seve […]
- Medical Marijuana Deserves Support October 15, 2014Florida -- Forget the politicians, self-styled experts and pollsters. Amendment 2 is about helping sick people. The amendment would change the state constitution to legalize medical marijuana. It gives doctors a tool to help patients facing death or fighting to live another day. It allows the sickest patients to decide for themselves whether medical marijuan […]
- Appeals Court: Medical Marijuana No Bar to DUI October 22, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.