- Colorado Voters Are Cool With Members Only Clubs July 22, 2014Colorado -- When it comes to marijuana use, Colorado voters want it legal but they want it kept private. In a Quinnipiac poll released Monday, state voters strongly support cannabis use in members-only clubs, but are against consumption in traditional bars, clubs and entertainment venues. Members-only style clubs specifically created for smoking marijuana ar […]
- High Taxes May Slow Marijuana Revenue July 22, 2014Washington State -- High state and local taxes and a paucity of storefront licenses mean revenue from legalized marijuana sales in Washington state could be minimal this year, according to Moody's Investor Service. Stores opened this month in Washington, where the second state in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana forecast it will collect $51 […]
- Hospital Sales of MMJ Fraught with Questions July 21, 2014Chicago -- A dangerous neighborhood. The threat of arrest, or worse. An unreliable product, sold by criminals. For seriously ill patients who rely on medical marijuana to ease their pain, paying for their treatment can be a risky operation, according to multiple sclerosis patient Julie Falco. But if officials at Swedish Covenant Hospital get their way, medic […]
- Backers of MMJ in Florida Seek To Assuage Concerns July 20, 2014Orlando, Fla. -- Backers of a ballot initiative that would legalize wider use of medical marijuana in Florida are working to assuage some voters concerns before the November election about how the drug would be regulated. A newly formed group called Florida For Care is planning to draft proposed rules for how medical marijuana will be managed if voters appro […]
- Legal Marijuana Feeds Entrepreneurs Dreams July 19, 2014Denver -- Like the glint of gold or rumors of oil in ages past, the advent of legal, recreational marijuana is beginning to reshape economies in Colorado and Washington State. Marijuana is beckoning thousands of entrepreneurs and workers, investors and hucksters from across the country, each looking to cash in on a rapidly changing industry that offers hefty […]
- Washington State Says Marijuana Brownies OK July 19, 2014Seattle -- Marijuana stores in Washington state can sell marijuana in cookies, brownies and other approved baked goods but cannot put the drug in candies, lollipops or food items that might appeal to children, according to newly released rules. Washington became the second U.S. state to allow recreational sales of marijuana to adults on July 8 when its first […]
- Marijuana Was Supposed To Cause More Crime July 18, 2014Colorado -- When Colorado legalized weed more than a year ago, opponents of the move warned that crime would rise. But half a year after the first sales of recreational marijuana began, the state's biggest city has yet to see an increase in criminal activity. During the first six months of 2014, violent crime in the city and county of Denver was down 3 […]
- $25 Penalties for Marijuana Go Into Effect July 18, 2014Washington, D.C. -- One of the least restrictive marijuana laws in the country went into effect in the shadow of the White House on Thursday, eliciting stern warnings from the local police but good cheer from many Washingtonians. A ticket when you just have a jay or something? said Clifford Gray, a lifelong District of Columbia resident who is in his 20s, us […]
- GOP-Led House Gives Marijuana Businesses Boost July 17, 2014Washington, D.C. -- When it comes to liberalizing marijuana policy, Congress has once again shown that it is not always the liberals taking the lead. The GOP-dominated House on Wednesday delighted cannabis advocates by voting to prohibit law enforcement from going after banks for doing business with state-licensed marijuana growers and sellers. […]
- Decriminalization Arrives, D.C. Police Prepare July 16, 2014Washington, D.C. -- On Wednesday, a D.C. cop who catches someone carrying a small amount of marijuana is required to launch his suspect on an onerous journey through the criminal justice system one likely to involve handcuffs, fingerprinting and forensic analysis. On Thursday, that same cop will face the simpler task of pulling out a ticket book and checking […]
- Colorado Voters Are Cool With Members Only Clubs July 22, 2014
May 2012 Events Calendar
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Login StatusYou are not currently logged in.